Phillips School of Nursing at MOUNT Sinai Beth Israel
The Phillips School of Nursing, Originally called the Beth Israel School of Nursing, the school was founded in 1902 to train nurses for the nascent Beth Israel Hospital (now Mount Sinai Beth Israel). The demand for services at Beth Israel Hospital grew rapidly. and the recruitment of nurses quickly became a necessity. The foundation of the school reflected a historic national movement in nursing:
Nurses in “training” also provided “service” at the hospital. Soon after in 1904, the school was licensed by the New York Board of Regents as an educational institution.
The school offers a 15-month accelerated Bachelor of Science (ABSN) program for high school students. And a 15-month Bachelor of Science (RN-BS) completion program for registered nurses. Both programs are accredited by the Collegiate Nursing Teaching Commission. The school’s Continuing Education Center offers a variety of courses open to all nurses for CE credit as well as professional development. The Graduate programs are being developed as part of the school’s strategic plan.
At Phillips School of Nursing (PSON). you can sign up for:
- an Accelerated Bachelor of Nursing (ABSN) for high school students who wish to make a career change.
- a Bachelor of Science Completion Program (RN-BSN) for registered nurses who wish to advance their careers.
Why choose PSON?
- An excellent education at an affordable price
- Liberal credit transfer policy for general education courses
- Academic and Peer Support Programs to Ensure Success Once Enrolled
- Comprehensive Financial Aid Packages Available
- Unique opportunity for advanced studies in high demand clinical areas, including Intensive Care / ED, Perioperative and Home / Community Nursing (RN-BSN Program)
Phillips School of Nursing at MOUNT Sinai Beth Israel Tuition
For the 2020-2021 academic year, New York State residents pay an annual fee of $37,350 to attend the Phillips School of Nursing full-time, while out-of-state residents pay a full cost. of $37,350.
Books and Supplies: $2,650.
Projected 4 Year Cost Tuition: $149,400.
Financial Aid: $5,144. Is an Avg. Financial Aid Package.
148 East 126th Street
New York, NY 10035
Phone Number: 212-614-6110