World Bank Winter Internship 2022
The World Bank’s Winter Internship Program (BIP) offers highly motivated individuals the chance to learn about the purpose and work of the World Bank. Individuals can bring fresh perspectives, innovative ideas and research expertise to the Bank’s work, while honing their skills in a diverse environment through internship. Plus, it’s an excellent opportunity to add practical work experience to resumes.
Internships are offered in development operations as well as other business units such as Human Resources, Communications, Accounting and so on. however, availability during a specific probationary period is determined by business needs.
- Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate program (pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree with the intention of returning to school full-time) to be eligible for an internship.
- There are no age restrictions.
- You must be fluent in English. French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese and Chinese are useful languages to learn. Other skills, such as computer skills, are beneficial.
- The internship embrace diversity in the workplace and encourage all competent people, especially women, from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds to apply. Their goals is to find and hire the best people on the planet.
Course/Field of Intern
Operations (Front Line) in the following fields:
Human development (public health, education, nutrition, population)
Social sciences (anthropology, sociology)
natural resource management
Private sector development and other related fields
Corporate support in the following areas:
Economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, engineering, urban planning, natural resource management, sector development private, and others related (accounting, communications, human resources management, information technology, treasury and other corporate services).
World Bank Winter Internship Amount
All interns are paid hourly by Worls Bank, with a travel allowance of up to $3,000 available at the manager’s discretion. Only transportation expenses (airfare) to and from the city of the service station can be included in these travel expenses. Interns are responsible for arranging their own accommodation. Most interns opportunities are based in Washington, DC. with a few others in WB locations abroad, due to business needs. Internships are usually for a period of four weeks or more.
The World Bank Internship is offered twice a year: in Fall and Spring.
- Summer Internship (May to September): Each year, the application period runs from December 1st to January 31st.
- Winter Internship (November to March): Applications are accepted from October 1st to October 31st of each year.
All entries must be submitted electronically and by the specified deadline. (Applicants are to Note that Electronic email applications will not be accepted).
Before starting work or doing an unpaid internship at the World Bank, J1 visa holders must obtain a G4 visa in another country.
How to Apply for World Bank Winter Internship 2022
Take your time to fill out your form and make sure all your personal information is correct. The following documents must be uploaded:
- You will be asked to create an account and enter your email address. Please make sure your email address is spelled correctly as this will be our primary means of communicating with you regarding your application.
- You must complete your application once and can only submit it after uploading all required documents and answering all questions (all questions marked with an asterisk * signs are required).
- To avoid a system timeout, complete the application within 90 minutes.
- Be sure to include your full phone number (country code, city code and number).
Supporting Documents for World Bank Winter Internship 2022
Before submitting your application, please upload the following documents (which are mandatory):
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Declaration of interest
- Proof of Enrollment in the Masters Degree
Each file must be a maximum of 5 Megabytes (MB). and in one of the following formats:
Double-check that the filenames of the documents you are sending do not contain special characters like (â-<>&#â, etc.). The best files to be upload are PDFs formats.
You will not be able to make any modifications or adjustments to your application once it has been submitted.
You will receive a confirmation email with your application number after submitting your application.
Applications are now open through October 31st for the Winter Internship Term (November 2021 – March 2022).
The official website of the World Bank Winter Internship is: https://www.worldbank.org/en/about/careers/programs-and-internships/internship