How to Join The US Army From Nigeria

How to Join The US Army From Nigeria or Anywhere worldwide.

How to Join The US Army From Nigeria
US army recruitment.

Do you know you can join the US Army even if you are not a US citizen? If you are interested then this post is for you.

The USA military system is such that it offers non-citizens the opportunity to join the US Army as an enlisted soldier, provided you meet the specific legal immigration requirements required. The only Limitation is that non-citizens cannot become commissioned officers in the US armed forces. In addition to being barred from classified occupational specialties.

Requirements to Join The US Army

If you want to join the US Army from anywhere or Nigeria, you need to contact a US army Recruiter on:

  • Army Active Duty & Army Reserve : 1-888-550-ARMY +1(888-550-2769)
  • Army National Guard : 1-800-GO-GUARD +1 (800-464-8273)

Or you can Apply online on You must meet all the requirements stated below:

See: US Army Recruitment for Foreigners

US Army Age Requirements

You must be at least 17 years to enlist in the US army, and not alder than 34 – 35 years of age at the time of going for the basic training.

US Army Education Requirements

You must take the Armed Services Professional Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test. ASVAB has 10 subtests:

  • Your score on four of them makes up your score on the Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT). This score determines which branch(s) you can join. Each affiliate has its own lowest score to join.
  • Your score on all 10 subtests determines which job specialties you qualify for.

You must have a high school diploma or a GED to enlist. The services accept only a small number of people with GEDs each year. Applicants can increase their chances of qualifying with a GED by:

  • Earn some college credits and/or
  • Good score on the Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT).

See: USA Jobs For Immigrants: With Visa Approval

Steps to join The US Army As A Non-citizen

  • You must be a legal permanent resident living in the US with a work permit. Student or tourist visas cannot be used to enlist in the US military service.
  • As a non-citizen, you must meet the same standards of education and exercise as a normal US citizen.
  • You must have a valid Permanent Residence Card – Form I-551 (also known as a Green Card) or Immigration Cards. This will help prove your resident status. You will not be allowed to begin the military training until your legal permanent resident status is established.
  • Once verified, apply to join the enlisted ranks of the US Army. If you want to become a commissioned officer, you will need to denounce your country’s citizenship and apply for US citizenship to be eligible to become an Army commissioned officer in the US armed forces.

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: