How to protect your facebook account from hackers
Facebook is social networking platform accessible to users that share common interest to chat in a form of instant messages and share other media files such as photos, videos, musics, document and other files. it gives user access to make voice and audio calls as well as exchanging voice notes. It’s accessible both on the web and facebook app.
The vast use of Facebook escalates certain individuals or hackers to hack into people’s facebook account to perform malicious act or to defraud people of money and other valuables. the act cybercrime is on the increase which is the aim of this article to guide individuals who’s account is vulnerable, methods and way to protect their facebook accounts from hackers. These methods method which are not limited to:
How to protect my Facebook account from hackers.
Two-factor authentication may be a security feature that helps to Secure your Facebook account likewise your password. If you set up two-factor authentication, you will be asked to enter a special login code or Affirm your login. whenever somebody tries to access your Facebook account from a browser or mobile device facebook did not recognize, you’ll also get alerts when somebody tries to get into your Facebook account from a browser or mobile device that’s not recognized by facebook.
See: how to prevent someone from tagging you on facebook
Guide to protect your Facebook account from hackers
- Always keep your facebook password safe and protected: try to create a password that is hard to predict, use a combination of both capital letters, numbers and special characters such as *.# to make your password hard to guess.
- Don’t use your name or mobile number as your password: most hackers will often attempt to access your Facebook using your name or your mobile number.
- Always disable the remember password: whenever you’re using a library computer or cyber cafe or even a friends phone, to login to your facebook account, always tap on do not remember password and always remember to logout of your account. as this may be a way hackers can have access to your account.
- Avoid clicking suspicious link: hackers may share some malicious links that ought to be eye-catchy to lure their victims to click on it so as to obtain their username and password to gain access to their account.
- Don’t share your phone or computer with someone to access their facebook: avoid giving out your phone or computer to someone or friends to access their Facebook account. if it becomes necessary, ensure you logout from your account and remove your account from the device. (remove account from device) will enable you re-enter your email address or phone number and password when next you want to login back to your account.
You can also use facebook extra security option such as the two-factor authentication that provides you with alerts from unrecognized login to your facebook account
See: Facebook account hackers: how to recover hacked Facebook account
How to set up facebook two-factor authentication:
If you’re using a Facebook app,
- Tap on the three lines showing at bottom right of your facebook page.
- then scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Settings.
- Scroll down then tap Security and Login.
- Scroll down and tap Use two-factor authentication.
- Tap Use Authentication App or Use Text Message (SMS).
When you’re setting up two-factor authentication on Facebook, you’ll be asked to decide on one amongst the two security methods such as:
Login codes from a third party authentication app or Text message (SMS) codes from your mobile network provider.
You’ll need to make use of one amongst the two methods listed above to be able to use two-factor authentication. But authentication app is the most recommended by facebook as seen the photo
this is because it uses an app such as authenticator or duo mobile for its codes generation verification for more protection.
Once you have select either text message (SMS) codes or a 3rd party authentication app on your account, you can be able to setup some of the available optional methods listed below:
See: hide your WhatsApp status from some people
- Approving your login credentials from a device recognized by facebook.
- Using one amongst your recovery codes.
- Clicking your security key on a compatible device.
But If you haven’t saved the browser or mobile device you frequently use, you will be asked to do so after you have activated two-factor authentication. this method give you access to your login without providing a security code when next you want to login to your facebook account.
do not click Save this browser if you are accessing your Facebook from a public computer or phone that people may likely have access to E.g, a cyber cafe or a library computer.
facebook needs to remember your computer or browser credentials so when next you want to login, Some browsing feature may block it. If you enable private browser or enable your browser to clear your browser history each time you close your browsing window, you will need to provide a code whenever you try to login your account.
To set up a text message two-factor authentication, you’ll need to use phone number that’s already added and available to your facebook account or a new phone number that you always have access to.
1 thought on “How to protect your facebook account from hackers”