The Petrochemical Corporation of Singapore (PCS) was established in 1968 as a statutory board under the Ministry of Trade and Industry. PCS is the largest petrochemical company in Singapore, with over 70% of its production exported to more than 80 countries.
Every year, PCS offers scholarships to outstanding students from all backgrounds who are pursuing undergraduate studies and want to pursue a career in the petrochemical industry.
Scholarship recipients are offered a monthly stipend of up to $2,000 per month for up to 3 years while they study at any university or polytechnic institution in Singapore.
The Petrochemical Corporation of Singapore Scholarship is sponsored by the Petrochemical Corporation of Singapore (PCS) and awarded by the National University of Singapore (NUS).
Petrochemical Corporation of Singapore Scholarship Benefits
- Each scholarship is valued at S$5,000 and is sustainable for one academic year.
- The Scholarship will be used for the beneficiary’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, study travel expenses and fees for other educational activities organized by the Institute.
- Recipients of this scholarship can accept another scholarship at the same time.
- No bond is required from the recipient.
Applicants who wish to to qualify for the Petrochemical Corporation of Singapore Bursary must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants pursuing a full-time Chemical Engineering undergraduate degree programme offered by the Institute.
- Are of any nationality.
- Applicants must be Singapore citizens or permanent residents, aged 18 years or older and have completed their GCE A-Levels with at least an A grade for each subject
- Outstanding academic results
- Good CCA Record
- Strong leadership potential
- Have a household per capita income (PCI) of not more than S$1,500.
The scholarship award will be selected based on their academic performance, co-curricular activities and leadership skills.
The scholarship opens July 1 each year.
How to Apply
Applications for Public Scholarships, Donated Scholarships will begin in July 2022. Stay tuned for more information which will be sent to your SIT email address.
Applicants will need to complete and submit the online application form and upload all required supporting documents through the application portal within the given Deadline.
Scholarship applicants are expected to upload an endorsed Letter of Recommendation and their SIT Record of Achievement (where applicable).